Sustainability and Environment Policy
Allegion is committed to conducting its business in a safe, environmentally responsible, and sustainable manner, in compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, and in a manner that helps promote and protect the health and safety of our environment, associates, customers, contractors and members of our local communities worldwide.
Allegion operates with principles that support our proactive commitment, including:
- Integrate sound environmental, health, safety (“EHS”) and sustainability strategies in all elements of our business functions, including objectives and measurements;
- Conduct periodic, formal evaluation of our compliance status and annual review of objectives and targets;
- Create a workplace culture where everyone at Allegion is responsible for safety;
- Our managers and supervisors are expected to lead by example to ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplace.
- Our associates are trained and expected to understand the EHS and sustainability issues associated with their jobs and are empowered to report unsafe conditions.
- Our associates understand they have a duty to protect themselves, their co-workers and the environment. This is accomplished through EHS and sustainability consultation and participation during program development and/or program implementation.
- Make continuous improvements in EHS and sustainability management systems and performance, including the reduction in the usage of natural resources, waste minimization, prevention of pollution and prevention of workplace accidents, injuries and risks;
- Design, operate and maintain our facilities in a manner that minimizes negative EHS and sustainability impacts;
- Use of materials responsibly, including, where feasible, the recycling and reuse of materials; and
- Act in a way that shows sensitivity to community concerns about EHS and sustainability issues.
Allegion recognizes that these principles are critical to our future success. As a global leader, we are committed to protecting the health, safety and environment in the communities where we operate.