Terms of Guarantee
Austral Lock is a division of Gainsborough Hardware Industries.
Gainsborough Hardware Industries Limited ACN 004 792 269 (‘Gainsborough‘ or ‘we‘)
In addition to the guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (‘ACL‘), Gainsborough provides consumers as defined under the ACL (‘you‘) an extended warranty that all products in its product range (‘Products‘) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use (‘Guarantee‘).
7 year limited tarnish resistant and 10 year limited mechanical
If a Product fails to conform to this extended warranty during the applicable extended warranty period, Austral Lock will either replace any failed component of the Product or replace the Product free of charge (which Austral Lock will determine in its absolute discretion).
Under this Guarantee, Gainsborough will either repair or replace any failed component of the Product or replace the Product free of charge (which Gainsborough will determine in its absolute discretion) subject to the following terms and conditions.
- This Guarantee only applies to defects which have arisen solely from faulty materials or workmanship in the Product and does not apply to other defects which may have arisen as a result of, without limitation, the following:
- Accidental damage, abuse, misuse, maltreatment, abnormal stress or strain of the Products;
- Neglect of any kind in respect of the Product;
- Tarnishing and damage to or deterioration of finishes which in Gainsborough’s opinion are as a result of harsh or adverse conditions (including corrosive environments such as the coastal locations and large fluctuations in pressure or temperature);
- Deterioration in colour and performance of polymer materials;
- Fair wear and tear;
- Installation or maintenance of the Products not in accordance with the instructions provided with the Products.
- Products subject to alterations or repairs which were not approved of by Gainsborough in writing are not covered by this Guarantee. (For the avoidance of doubt, Products subjected to the attachment of accessories or use of non-genuine replacement parts other than those manufactured or approved by Gainsborough in writing are not covered).
- Costs incurred by the removal, replacement or installation of the Product are not covered by this Guarantee.
- Personal injury, property damage or economic loss, howsoever caused, will not be covered by this Guarantee.
Guarantee Time Periods
The Guarantee applies for the periods of time indicated on page AU4 (classified by Product series and in accordance with the guarantee symbol on the Products).
Under the Guarantee:
(a) any defective Product must be returned to the point of sale before replacement can be considered under the terms of this Guarantee; and
(b) the costs of claiming this Guarantee including the cost of returning any defective parts is borne by you. If the costs of returning any defective parts are excessive or unreasonable, please contact Gainsborough on 13 14 18 so that we can arrange a collection (if considered appropriate in the circumstances).
- Date of Purchase;
- Location of Purchase;
- Proof of Purchase;
- Contact Details
Gainsborough’s contact details are as follows:
31-33 Alfred St Blackburn VIC 3130
Telephone: 13 14 18
Fax: 13 18 14
Australian Consumer Law
In addition to this Guarantee, certain legislation (including the ACL) gives you rights and remedies as a consumer under law which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. This Guarantee must be read subject to such legislation and nothing in this Guarantee has the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying those rights.
If Gainsborough fails to meet a guarantee under the ACL, your remedy for such failure may be limited to any one or more of the following at our option:
- Replacement of the product;
- Repair of the product;
- Refunding the cost of the product;
- Payment of reasonable costs of having the product repaired;
- Payment in respect of the reduced value of the product.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.